10. Michael Douglas as Andrew Shepherd, The American President.
Who among us hasn’t shelved his girlfriend’s green legislation for political gain?
9. Frank Langella as Richard Nixon, Frost/Nixon.
I’d expect no lesser portrait of angst from a guy that fucked Whoopi Goldberg.
8. Will Ferrell as George W. Bush, “You’re Welcome America”.
It was better than
Anchorman, which is saying very little, really.
7. Morgan Freeman as Tom Beck, Deep Impact.
At least Freeman’s Beck never shelled out any money to Solyndra.
6. Martin Sheen as Josiah Bartlet, “The West Wing”.
More political cartoon than performance, but almost peerless in pop culture.
5. Phil Hartman as Ronald Reagan, “Saturday Night Live”.
Nothing captured Reagan’s essence better than this sketch, ca. 1987.
4. Paul Giamatti as John Adams, “John Adams”.
The heartbeat of McCollough’s tome brought to life…and with no pinot to boot!
3. Kevin Kline as Dave Kovic as Bill Mitchell, “Dave”.
"Hail to the Chief, he’s the one we all say ‘Hail’ to!"
2. David Morse as George Washington, “John Adams”.
Can’t think of a better portrayal of our most esteemed founding father.
1. Dana Carvey as George H. W. Bush, “Saturday Night Live”.
That Bush voice we all did in school? Not gonna do it. Wouldn’t be prudent.